Thursday, March 10, 2016

Made With Zpagetti Yarn - Basket With Black Ribbon







I purchased the Zpagetti yarn at JoAnn's last weekend for $9.99.  If you're not familiar with this yarn, it's made from recycled clothing like t-shirts.

It took me about 1 hour to make the basket.  I used an "I" hook and followed my basket pattern that I have elsewhere on this blog.  I've got to say ... I love the basket.  However, my fingers still hurt 4 days later from the thickness of the yarn.  In hindsight, I should have used a MUCH larger needle.

If I make another basket with the Zpagetti yarn, I'll:

Make the yarn myself with old t-shirts.
Use a larger hook than "I"

Pretty, right?

At some point, I'll add it to my ETSY shop with my other baskets.  But for now, I'll post it on blog hops and on Pinterest to a board like this one:  POST 1, PIN 1.

Annabelle



10 comments:

Bev said...

Wow I have never heard of that kind of yarn...interesting!!

Anonymous said...

I love this! Will have to look into the yarn. Thanks for sharing :)

Maria
www.millyvanillyhandmade.com

Oombawka Design said...

I've been wanting to try this yarn! Your basket turned out beautifully :) Rhondda

Unknown said...

Thank You for LInking Up at the Crochet Happy Linky Party!
Your Link has been Pinned and shared with all my Social Networks and I am now following your site so I can do the same with your future posts too!
I hope you got some well deserved exposure for your work :)


Tracy
www.crochehappy.com

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi, your basket is so pretty and I love the color. I saw it on hookin on hump day.
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Maria said...

It's adorable! You picked a great color, too!

الصفوة جروب said...

افضل شركة تنظيف بالقطيف تقدم خدمات نظافة متكاملة علي اعلي مستوي بدقة وجودة ومواصفات قياسية واسعار تنافسية فتعد الشركة الاولي بالقطيف لتقديم خدماتالتنظيف بجودة وسعر مثالييينفهي خير مثال لراغبي الحصول علي نظافة شاملة مع التعقيم وباسعار مناسبة

شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف
شركة شفط بيارات بالقطيف

nanna888 said...

มีระบบใช้งาน เมนูเป็นภาษาไทย ทำรายการถอนรวดเร็ว ทำได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง 928bet และไม่มีค่าธรรมเนียมการถอน

qoya said...

شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة القوة

Ridzi Arora said...

This blog is very nice. Read More Blogs at ZOEFACT .